Saturday, October 22, 2022

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: Hours 1-6


Update post 1! So far so good!

Hour 1:
Discussion:
Q: Where are you reading from, what is your book goal, what are you wearing, and what are you eating? 
A: I'm on a reading break so decided to update everything. I'm from Texas, my goal today is 12 books, I'm wearing comfy spooky clothes- Hocus Pocus sweatpants, a spooky tie dyed shirt that I dyed myself, and my binx socks! So far for food I've had sausage biscuit balls and scarecrow mix! My husband just ran to the store to get stuff to make subs. I've had a coffee, lots of water, and one redbull so far, caffeine is how I'll make it!

Pics:

Tiktok:
@essentially.ash Readathon day! Heres my outfit, my books, my comfy spot, and my coffee. #deweys24hourreadathon #24hourreadathon #reading #booktok #october #readathon #binx #hocuspocus #horror #thisishalloween #spookytok #fyp #fup #foryoupage ♬ Halloween ・ cute horror song - PeriTune

Books read:

Hour 2:
Discussion:
Q: How do you prefer to track your reading? Do you count time spent or the pages?
A: I'm mostly tracking on Goodreads, I count each book read, less than the time it takes. I always try to read the shortest books during the readathon that I can, because I try to finish as many as possible. It's a challenge for me every readathon to read more than the last.
 
Pics:

Books read: 

Hour 3:
Discussion:
Q: Do you keep notes while you read? Do you ever keep a reading journal?
A: I don't take notes, though I should because I have the memory of a goldfish and that makes reviewing books a little difficult. I want to be one of those people who like add tabs and sticky notes and notes in the book, but honestly that's a lot of work lol.

Pics:

Books read:

Hour 4:
Discussion:
Reading sprint. I didn't join,

Pics:

Books read:
None this hour.

Hour 5:
Discussion:
No discussion post this hour.

Pics:

Books read:

Hour 6:
Discussion:
Q: What's your favorite bookish merch that you own?
A: Hmm, I don't have much reading merch. I do have a Hobbit mug that has the Hobbit's names on it. This is making me realize I need more bookish merch, ouch. 

Pics:

Tiktok:
@essentially.ash Readathon update post! If you want a more in detail update check my blog! Link in bio. Readathon hour: 6. Books read: 4 (I’m in the middle of three others. Lol) food eaten: sausage balls and scarecrow mix. #readathon #deweys24hourreadathon #24hourreadathon #reading #october #booktok #thisishalloween ♬ Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers

Books read:
None this hour. I'm in the middle of three books though. 

1 comment:

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...