Saturday, October 1, 2022

DNF'd and Y: Tigers, Not Daughters, Starstruck, and Verity

DNF'd and Y is a feature where I talk about the books I've DNF'd and why I DNF'd them.



There wasn't anything specific I didn't like about this book, I made it maybe halfway through and I was just bored. I was confused and I just couldn't do it. I felt like the book was going nowhere.


Again, there wasn't anything specific about why I DNF'd this one, except I plain and simple could not get into it. I tried starting this book probably 8 or 9 times and I couldn't get more than 15 pages in each time. Just not my type of book I guess.


Whoo! This one... this one is going to be controversial. There was something in this book, that I just don't agree with, that made me feel sick, and I refuse to read it or any other Colleen Hoover books after. I won't give any spoilers but it was super triggering and I can't support an author who would put something like this in their books.


Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts on them? What books have you most recently DNF'd?


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes books just don't grab you...always best to move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DNF's happen and I firmly believe sometimes it's best just to move on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life's too short to read books you don't enjoy. I read Verity a few years back, and it's very different than her other books. It was a very tough read as I remember.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...