Thursday, October 27, 2022

Tag, You're It! Spooky Halloween Tag


1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
This is so hard because my favorite band has two albums of songs based off of horror movies! So for horror I'm going to say just about anything from the Silver Scream or Welcome to Horrorwood by Ice Nine Kills. 


For Halloween I really like This is Halloween, Ghostbusters, Living Dead Girl, Werewolves of London, Horror Movies, and the Disney Halloween Medley.. I can't pick just one, I have a whole playlist dedicated to Halloween. 


2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
Serial killer, wendigo, killer clown... 


3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Hell no. 

4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
I like Frankenstein a lot. I think out of "classic" monsters he's my favorite. Out of like horror characters I like Sam and Michael Myers. 


5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
Ha! Oh do I have a story for this one. Back before Covid when Finn was still going to public school I had just dropped him off at school and picked up groceries. 
When I got home I had my audio book playing in my ears and I'm taking care of groceries and I hear the front door slam shut. I would think it was all in my head but our dog, Luna, barked at it. Like she full on reacted. I always lock the front door as soon as I walk in the house. 
When I went to check it out then the back door slammed shut (The back door was still locked from when I left to take Finn to school) and again, Luna reacted to it. I still have no idea what happened but the doors weren't locked when I checked them.

The other thing is one night when John was working overnight I was laying in bed reading and the house alarm started going off. I went downstairs to turn it off and check the front and back door, both were locked. I tried to arm the alarm again and it said "Cannot arm alarm, garage door is open" when I tell y'all I noped out of there.

6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
Am I alone? If yes, then no. If I'm with John, sure. Sounds like a fun experience. 

7. Are you superstitious?
Not really. I always knock on wood to avoid jinxing though. 

8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Only when I have a migraine.

9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
Mmm, the one with the dog licking the hand. That one gives me the creeps. If you don't know what I'm talking about.. google. It's called The Licked Hand.

10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Depends on my mood. I'm a bit of a gore wh*re but I also really love thrillers. 

11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
Sometimes.

12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
Only out of alcohol.

13. Do you get scared easily?
Sometimes lol. I'm a ridiculously jumpy person but like horror movies and books usually don't scare me. That's part of the problem with watching and reading so many, it takes a lot to scare me now. 

14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
I have. I've also done candyman. 

15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
100%

16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Call John, make sure it's not him. If it's not grab the gun. 


17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I don't... I guess anything with slow zombies. Not like World War Z zombies, but like Night of the Living Dead zombies. 


18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Uhm, just a cat I guess? It's simple. 

19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Sure.

20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
Sword, knife, and gun. I also have a slingshot I've been practicing on. 

21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Halloween party. 

22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I'm hoping to be the final girl, or at least the smart one. Because If I'm smart I should live, hopefully? 

23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Depends on the horror movie, but yes sometimes I watch a disney movie or a comedy show after just to cleanse my brain. 

24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
I am definitely the person yelling at the stupid people the whole time.



25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
Both! I swear our love language is scaring each other. 

26. Favorite scary book?
I have so many.


27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
So when I was like 3 or 4 my babysitter showed me Child's Play and IT. But I don't count those. So... Maybe 13? 12? Something around that age. 


28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I wasn't allowed to go trick or treating or dress up for Halloween as a kid. So when I turned 18 I decided to go Trick or treating for the first time. I was an emo kitty. 


29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
A killer clown! Me John and Finn are all clowns and I can't wait. I'm absolutely terrified of clowns so hopefully this helps with that fear. 

30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
All of them. But really I love black cats and bats. 

3 comments:

  1. So much Halloween. Love all the info that you shared. My oldest is 13 and we are trying to find a good horror starter movie for him because he's interested. Any suggestions? I did have an interesting experience with a Ouija board and I was done with it after that because it scared me way too much. Hope you share some pictures of the you and the family as Killer Clowns. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I love this question thank you! It really depends, are you wanting horror horror or more thriller? My first horror movie was When a Stranger Calls, my 9 year old loves it. It has a little bit of blood but it's more psychological. Sixth Sense is a good jump scare thriller as well. Finn's first slasher was Halloween, but that one does have some sex so that's up to you, just know to close their eyes if you don't want them seeing it. The original Poltergeist is a good one as well.

      Delete
  2. Your creepy story was creepy! We used to play with a Ouija board when we were kids, but we didn't do anything serious and we didn't have good tv back then!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...