Friday, October 7, 2022

Watch With Me, Spooky Edition Week 1

Watch With Me... Spooky Edition

So generally with my Watch With Me I just post a couple of movies and then do reviews on them, but I wanted instead to post every horror movie I watched in the past week, leading up to Halloween. I'll post my rating and a one or two sentence review. Instead of stars I'll be using bats to show my ratings!


May 
This one was... weird. Nothing really happened until the last like quarter of the movie. And I found the MC to just be annoying. It was gory, for a bit. But then it was just... Weird.

Sinister 
I liked this one, I'll watch the second one, but I still don't know how I feel all the way. It was "scary" it had a few jump scares, but it didn't catch my attention as much as I would have liked. I liked it, but after watching the second one I doubt I'll watch it again. 

My Best Friend's Exorcism 
I liked this one a lot. I know it's different than the book, you can almost always count on that. It didn't have the humor in it I had hoped for considering the book that it came from. But I still enjoyed it. 

Scream 
A lot of people have problems with this movie, I've watched every Scream movie so many times and I like them all. This one is my favorite though, besides the first one. 

Halloween II 
I love Michael Myers but in general I'm not a huge Halloween fan. That being said, this is just another run of the mill 80's slasher sequel. Nothing special, nothing bad. Just a sequel.

The Fly 
Honestly, I still don't know how I feel about this. I love Jeff Goldblum, he's dino daddy. But this one was just a mess to me. I'm glad I watched it, but I won't watch it again. 

Fright Night 
I LOVED this one. It was such a cheesy 80's vampire movie and I loved everything about it. I need to watch the remake. 

Friday the 13th Part 3 
Just another Friday the 13th sequel. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great. We watched Friday the 13th part 4 too, but it wasn't anything spectacular so I'm not even going to give it it's own review. 
Nightmare on Elm Street 
Nightmare on Elm Street is one of my all time favorite horror movies. It was one of the first slashers I ever saw and it really paved the way towards my love of horror movies.

Ginger Snaps 
I was surprised by how much I liked this. I totally judged a book by it's cover with this one, because I really don't like the poster for this. But I enjoyed the movie and so did kiddo.

Zoombies 
I first watched Zoombies years and years ago and I loved it. I love B-list horror movies and this is definitely a favorite. It's so bad it's great. And I don't mean in a "it's trying to be good but it's bad" kind of way. Definitely a "it's meant to be bad, so it's bad".

Beast 
We saw this in theaters with Finn, it was actually his first ever R rated movie that he saw in theaters. The acting isn't the best, and the daughters act so dumb at times. But the suspense and the action were great.

Valentine 
I REALLY did not like this one. It was so slow, I don't even remember if we finished it or not, that's how much I didn't like it. There wasn't as much killing as you'd hope in a movie like this.

Hell Fest 
I've seen Hell Fest before and loved it then and love it just as much this time around. It's one of those you go in not taking it seriously, but it's actually super gory and gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...