Friday, April 1, 2022

March Monthly Recap + April TBR


Whoa you guys! It's already April! When did this happen!? Life has been so crazy busy I haven't been able to post, but I'm hoping to get back to it! I really love blogging, even if others don't read it. It's a great way for me to get my thoughts out and I absolutely love looking back at old posts.
Anyway! That's not where I thought I was going with that but okay. I feel like January took forever, February flew by, and March didn't even happen! Of course it did, it was my birthday and anniversary month and we had so much happen. 
I didn't get to watch as many movies as I'd like, I find trying to read, homeschool, work, blog, watch movies, keep up on TV shows, help my grandparents on their property, keep the house cleaned, get ready for our home study for adoption, keep a somewhat social life, at least for kiddo, and keep my sanity to be very... difficult. 

So I guess I'll just get into everything from this month and try to also explain some stuff that happened in January and February. These aren't in chronological order, just typing them out as I remember them.

It was my birthday! I turned 29 and celebrated by going out to a piano bar with a few friends. 


John broke his foot, it was just a stress fracture but that meant he was out of work for a bit.

Which means.... I got a job! I work at a local frozen yogurt shop, and while it is incredibly tiring being on my feet all day while working... it's definitely worth it! The pay is pretty good, the hours are meh, but all in all it's not a difficult job. I'll keep it for now I think.


Finn started Judo. I don't remember honestly what month he started in, the last few months have blurred together. 


I shut down my small business, at least temporarily. I decided that I didn't have the room or the brain power to continue. So until we move I am done with Little Bear Little Fox.

Me and John celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe it's been 5 years holy cow.


We decided we are going to build a cob house instead of a completely wooden house. It's cost effective and we can design it however we want. 
*Not my photos, just inspiration*


I am working hard on trying to get all of the books to complete my series. Because if the apocalypse comes no one wants unfinished series. That would suck big time. 

And last but certainly not least, we got to see my all time favorite band last night. Ice Nine Kills! We saw them with the Trinity of Terror and it was Ice Nine Kills, Motionless in White, and Black Veil Brides. We left before Black Veil Brides came on because we were exhausted, which is a huge bummer but we just couldn't stand anymore. 


Movie/TV stats:
Shows watched: 1
Movies watched: 9
(In the case of Encanto, we've watched it multiple times. But I'll just count it once. I also didn't keep track so we might've watched more than this. Oops)

Reading stats
Total books read: 20
Kids: 0
MG: 1
YA: 8
Adult: 0
NF: 4
Graphic Novels: 7
Manga: 0

Favorite reads (4 and 5 star reads):


Books bought/gifted/won:
So I went a little crazy between birthday money, tax return, books I've won, been gifted... etc... So actually I'll just do a massive stacking the shelves in the next post. It'll be all the books I've gotten since February.

April TBR:
I am tying to get through a lot of physical books, series, audio books, and complete challenges. 
For my physical non series I am going by author order and just reading them in order. 
For my series I kinda let others pick by votes, but I have a couple that I have them pick out of.
For my audio I'm doing by length, so from shortest to longest.
I am also doing a series buddy read, so trying to keep on track with my friend who is also doing it (Hi Caity!) 

So in case you're curious... here's the order I'm reading.
Physical non series, one book in the series, physical non series, next book in series. Etc. And then I sprinkle audio, manga, and graphic novels in when I can. 
Does that make sense? Anyway, here's what I'd like to read in April if I can...



April movies to watch:

April events and plans:
I don't have much planned for April, I will be working, and I will also be going to my grandparents property for a week at the end of April I hope. 
Dewey's 24 hour readathon is coming up at the end of April as well, so hoping to participate in that. I have a lot of books to read this month so hopefully that helps me get through them all.

Finn's TBR:


Finn movies he wants to watch:




6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You really did have a busy month! I can see why you feel like it didn't happy. Happy belated birthday and anniversary. :) Good luck on reading your TBR and all the other things you want to accomplish in April! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a busy couple of months! And you still managed quite a bit of reading. So much good life stuff 🙂. I love the way you have a movie TBR. So often when we sit down to watch a movie, we have no idea what we are going to watch and spend waaaay too much time trying to figure that out. Having a TBR would simplify that process.

    Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed blogger refused to allow me to comment last time I tried. I hope it has relented. You have been very, very busy, It made me tired just reading about your month. I hope April is calmer for you. Happy belated birthday and anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday AND Happy Anniversary! So many great books you have waiting for you. I love the idea of a cobb house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy. Happy Belated Birthday to you and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so well organised with your planning for April and what a diverse selection of books, movies and series. I hope you get to them all!

    Have a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...