Friday, September 30, 2022

Tag, You're It! Horror movie book tag



The zombie apocalypse: a book you would save when civilization ends?
Okay so we all know I'm one of those crazy prepper chicks... I have our bug out bags ready to go, we have our car stocked, we have clothes and shoes ready to toss on if we need to leave at a moments notice.
That being said... I also have my books ready in case I can fill a box (Yes I have a box ready to fill if needed) and escape with a few of my absolutely need to re-read in the future apocalypse books.
Here are some of the ones I would try to save... (For the sake of not have 150000 books on here, I'm only going to say my standalones. Don't come at me for not including Harry Potter or some other series that really should be saved)



The vampire: a book you would stake through the heart? 
Literally hate this book with every ounce of my being. 


The haunted house: a book that still haunts you?
Okay so... I was reading this book and really it was just... Meh.. at first. I was listening on audio and all the sudden there was these haunting mermaid screams and noises and just... Ugh. It still gives me the willies. So if you read it, listen on audio. Totally worth it.


The psychological thriller: a book with a twist you did not see coming? 
I have read quite a few of these recently... Here are some of my favorite twisty books.


The creepy doll: a book that seems innocent but isn’t?
I struggled with this prompt, but I'm going to say one that isn't... "dirty" or what not. It is a really really deep book that makes you think. But on the outside it looks just like a quick fun read.


The monster: a book you could barely tackle/defeat?
This one was a huge disappointment because I love the show. I kept thinking it would get better so I kept going, but I wanted to DNF about 16 times.


The comedy-horror: a book with mixed genres that worked (or didn’t)?
Oh man comedy horror movies (and books) are some of my favorites! Grady Hendrix books are the perfect combination of horror and comedy.


The (cliched) teen horror: a book you found super cliched/stereotypical?
I might get lynched for this one... 


The demonic possession: a book so gripping you needed an exorcist to escape it?


The science fiction: a precious book you would permanently sacrifice to aliens for the good of mankind?
I don't know... I can't think of any books I'd sacrifice to save humans. I don't like people...
Kidding, mostly! I would sacrifice any book to save those I love.

10 comments:

  1. What fun to think of books to fit these categories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read! I loved Virgin River when I read it, but that was YEARS ago, and I don't know that it would hit the same now. There are many other romance authors that I would rather read at this poitnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hearing so many good things about Eliza when that came out. And Rolling in the Deep WAS a trip. It kinda freaked me out! I love twisty reads too. And the trees is one I'd like to try maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good thriller.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good psychological thriller as a palate cleanser for my preferred genres. I haven’t read the Virgin River series but I do enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Silent Patient sure does have a plot twist I didn't see coming. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops looks like maybe my comment disappeared. anyway, I heard good things about Eliza when that came out. And Deep was SUPER eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the show Virgin River as well, so I hate to hear it is a disappointment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the list of these books. I do enjoy thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun tag! I love that you used Grady Hendrix for one of the prompts😁

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...