Thursday, July 13, 2023

The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag


Stolen from A GREAT Read who stole it from Monstrumology

How long have you been blogging?
On and off since 2015 or 2016 I think. I started off with my mom on JennRenee Read and then when she got too busy I decided to make my own blog with everything that I like and not just for reading. 



At which point do you think you'll stop blogging?
Hopefully never! I take breaks here and there but I don't know that I'll ever permanently stop. 


What is the best part about blogging?
I don't know how to pick the "best part" because I love so much. Meeting new people, being able to talk about my favorite things, finding new books, being creative, using my brain. It's all great.

What is the worst? What do you do to make it okay?
When I don't get views and comments. It just feels kind of like why do I do it? It makes me sad. 


Who is your book crush?
I do not have one. I mean there's been people in books I'm like "Damn, they sound hot." But not really anyone I'd consider a crush. 

What author would you like to have on your blog?
Ahhh! Oh my gosh, that's so hard because I have so many faves. Riley Sager, Natalie D. Richards, Grady Hendrix, Darcy Coates... 
I remember when I had April Henry on my blog and I cried when she said yes. Literally.

What do you wear to write your blog posts?
The comfiest of things. Leggings, pajama pants, or sweatpants. No bra, ever. And usually John's shirts. 


How long does it take you to prepare?
Not long. Depending on what I want to do. I have a notebook I keep post ideas in but usually I just jump in whenever I have the chance. I used to get comfy and light candles and find something to watch, and get something to drink and snack and blah blah blah. Now it's whenever baby lets me do it. 

How do you feel about the blogging community?
I love the community. I wish I could get myself deeper in but I have no idea how to go about that. But I love how supportive everyone is. 


What do you think one should do to create a successful blog?
If you figure it out.. let me know. 


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks like a fun tag! I find I still enjoy blogging too but it's nowhere near as populated as it was back in the day. I find most people have abandoned the blogs and moved to Tik Tok and stuff. I enjoy taking pictures of books too but I don't let that be the sole way I talk about books. I've found the "most popular" bookstagram accounts don't even review the books they get they just take pictures. Or if they are reviewing them they don't say where they post their reviews. I still look to blogs for book reviews when it comes to books I'm on the fence about. But since it's rare to find them these days, I find if I'm on the fence it just ends up being a pass since I have so many books to read as it is!

    I think I will have to do this tag this weekend myself! I tend to write my posts on Friday nights because I'm wild and crazy like that! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now saw you took the idea from me when I found it however long ago! Lol!

      Delete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...