Saturday, July 29, 2023

Watch With Me: Sick

 

Movie: Sick
Genre: Horror
Rating: R
Release Date: January 13th, 2023
Director: John Hyams
Stars: Gideon Adlon, Bethlehem Million, Dylan Sprayberry
What it's about:
Due to the pandemic, Parker and her best friend decide to quarantine at the family lake house alone - or so they think.

What I thought:
I had low expectations for this movie, to be honest. I thought it would be a good ridiculous horror movie. And I was mostly right, but there was still a lot in it that I'm like nah y'all are trying to make this a serious horror movie.
The part that got me the most is when she's running from the killer but she puts her mask on. Ma'am, you are about to be killed, forget the mask!
And then the reasons for the killings... yikes. Big yikes. Just if you decide to watch this, go in and know it's just dumb. It was entertaining, but I laughed more about how ridiculous they were than anything. 

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
The character names Pamela and Jason are a reference to the Voorhees family from the Friday the 13th franchise.

Set in April of 2020, Parker (Gideon Adlon) is showing being administered a rapid COVID test. The first rapid COVID tests were not available until May of 2020, and these were only available in healthcare settings. The first in-home rapid COVID tests were not available to the public until December of 2020. While it is possible that the killers took one from the hospital, a direct-read test that did not require laboratory equipment was not available until August of 2020.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...