Thursday, July 20, 2023

Watch With Me: Renfield


Movie: Renfield
Genre: Fantasy dark comedy
Rating: R
Release Date: March 30th, 2023
Director: Chris McKay
Stars: Nicholas Holt, Nicolas Cage, Awkwafina
What it's about:
Renfield, Dracula's henchman and inmate at the lunatic asylum for decades, longs for a life away from the Count, his various demands, and all of the bloodshed that comes with them.

What I thought:
I knew as soon as I saw a trailer for this in theaters I had to see it. I love Nicolas Cage, I love Nicholas Holt, I love Dracula.. What more could I want?
This was better than I ever could have imagined, the humor was amazing, the acting was great, Awkwafina is the perfect actress I swear. I loved the story. I didn't find myself bored and I kind of found myself wanting to watch it again the next day. 
It is very gore-y as well, though I think that's something to expect with a vampire movie. My 9 year old wanted to watch it and we told him we had to watch it first. As my husband and I were watching it we said that Finn definitely cannot yet. 

Overall:
An amazing, funny, entertaining, dark comedy. 

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
Renfield's Syndrome, also known as Clinical Vampirism, is a rare psychiatric disorder where an individual has an intense fascination with drinking blood or believing themselves to be a vampire. This syndrome is named after the character R. M. Renfield from Bram Stoker's novel, "Dracula," who consumed live insects to obtain their life force.

Nicolas Cage's mannerisms as Dracula are all explicitly based on Christopher Lee's Dracula.

Despite a history of turning down non-leading roles in studio films, Nicolas Cage signed on to play Dracula. It was a life-long dream of his to portray the legendary figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...