Thursday, July 13, 2023

Watch With Me: Escape the Field

 


Movie: Escape the Field
Genre: Horror
Rating: R
Release Date: May 6th, 2022
Director: Emerson Moore
Stars: Jordan Claire Robbins, Theo Rossi, Shane West
What it's about: 
Six strangers wake up trapped in an endless cornfield only to discover something mysterious is hunting them.

What I thought:
Escape the Field is very similar to that Netflix movie In the Tall Grass... But better. In the Tall Grass I found myself more confused and bored than anything. With Escape the Field I was kept guessing the whole movie but I never just wanted to give up. 
I loved the puzzle-y parts in it, I thought the acting was decent, it was the first movie I've seen Shane West in since A Walk To Remember and even though this is clearly a b-list horror movie I think he still brought his A-game.
There was one character I *hated* with a passion. I kept waiting for her to die just so she'd shut up.
I think the ending was pretty solid, it kind of left it up to you to decide why they were put there while still wrapping up the story. 

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
There is a mid-credits scene.

Actress Elena Juatco said this was one of the first productions to be able to get up and going after the pandemic hit because it was filmed outside and there were only six cast members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...