Monday, April 4, 2022

Watch With Me; 52 Week Movie Challenge Week 1: Forrest Gump



Movie: Forrest Gump
Genre: Drama/Romance
Length: 2 Hours 22 Minutes
Rating: PG-13
Release Date: July 6th, 1994
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Stars: Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise
Producer: Paramount Picture Studios
What it's about: 
The presidencies of Kennedy and Johnson, the Vietnam War, the Watergate scandal and other historical events unfold from the perspective of an Alabama man with an IQ of 75, whose only desire is to be reunited with his childhood sweetheart.

What I thought:
This is one of those movies that everyone quotes and talks about and I hadn't seen, which always made people look at me like I was crazy. So I figured it was the perfect movie to kick off our movie challenge.
It wasn't a bad movie, not bad at all. However it was incredibly slow and I found myself really bored through most of it. 

Overall:
I don't regret watching it at all, but I doubt I'll watch it again, and I really don't understand the hype. Oops.

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
The line, "My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump," was ad libbed by Tom Hanks while filming the scene, and director Robert Zemeckis liked it so much that he decided to keep it in.

When Forrest first learns to play ping-pong in the infirmary, he is told the trick is to "keep his eye on the ball at all times" by another soldier. After that moment, whenever he is shown playing ping-pong, he never blinks.

Tom Hanks' younger brother, Jim Hanks, doubled for him in many of his numerous running sequences. According to Jim, "Tom had other doubles but they couldn't do the run", referring to Forrest's geeky stiff stride "that's a stupid Hanks thing"

The necklace worn by Lieutenant Dan is a rosary with a Saint Christopher medal, inscribed "Protect Us In Combat." It was worn in Vietnam by Gary Sinise's brother-in-law, Jack Treese, in 1967-68.


I am super behind on my movies and movie posts. So the next few will probably be more than one movie posted together.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this movie when it came out. But, I agree, once is enough! I loved your trivia about the movie!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...