Friday, April 8, 2022

Introductory Post: Jenn



Hi! My name is Jenn and I have been invited to join in on the posting from time to time. To introduce myself, I am mother to Ash. We share some similar hobbies, like reading and journaling. Mostly though, we are quite different. Some things I enjoy..... 

Board Games: My top hobby is playing board games. I play about 3 to 4 times a week, I have a pretty large game collection, and I have been to board gaming conventions and vacations. It's a lifestyle for me and my husband and I really enjoy playing just the two of use, with our family, or with our gaming groups and friends. 


Nail Polish: I am obsessed with pretty nails. I change mine about 3 times a week and love to make them as sparkly as I can. It really is an obsession, but I don't wear make-up or do much with my hair other than pulling it up into a messy bun. I don't really do accessories or any fashion, but my nails are very rarely naked. 


Coffee and chocolate: Okay so I really love coffee. I love to try new ones. I drink it black and just love the flavor. Along with coffee I love chocolate. The two together well coffee and chocolate ice cream is the the best. I do collect coffee mugs too. I have more mugs than any other dishes! 



German Shepherds: I love dogs in general, all dogs, but I do adore German Sherpherds and the one that is in my family is my 4 year old, 100lb, fluffy and goofy, Groot. I do adore him. He is for sure my best friend. As I type this he is sitting right next to me hanging out! Groot's favorite things include but not limited too: Walks, any kind of toy, jumping on the trampoline, pup cups from starbucks, and his family. 


Baking:  So in 2019 my parents moved to East Texas about 4 hours away. Before they moved, we always had thanksgiving over at their house and my mother and Ash always did the baking. I grew up liking nothing about being in the kitchen, I was a real tomboy. The first Thanksgiving after they moved, we had the meal at my house without them. I had to bake some deserts. Well I fell in love with baking, I am still real new to it and learning so much. My favorite things to bake are pies and quick breads. I am starting to get into baking and decorating cupcakes too but still so much practice is needed with the decorating. 



Decorating my home: I really enjoy the everyday decorating and making my home feel as homey as I can. I also love to decorate for the fall holidays. Some in my home say I have too much I say its never enough! 



Reading: I do love reading but did get away from reading as much the last couples of years so Ash gave me a challenge to do with her to hopefully enjoy more of it this year. I like all kinds of books but what I do enjoy the most is any kind of thriller. 


Television Binging: I love to bing all the things. I am quite geeky and love all the superhero stuff, the supernatural things, anything made from books that isn't just romance. We just finished the recent season of The Witcher and currently we are watching The Originals, Cobra Kai and Hawkeye. 


So that is me! 

What I plan to blog mostly will be about games and books and shows. I will be doing some weekly and monthly check-ins and updates on my games and book challenges. I will be happy to post anything about my baking but since we are on a health journey, it might be a while til I bake. 

I hope you guys enjoy what I bring to the blog! 

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to meet you, Jenn! I never knew there is such a thing as board gaming conventions!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...