.jpg)
4 Stars
I really enjoyed this one! Not quite as much as some of Kelley Armstrong’s other books, but it was still such a fun, unique read. The plot had me trying to piece things together and occasionally going, “Okay… what the hell is happening?”
There were quite a few characters, so I struggled keeping everyone straight at first, but once I got that figured out, I was good. I liked the mystery of where everything was going, and it definitely kept me wanting to read. It may not be my favorite of hers, but I’m always going to pick up a Kelley Armstrong book because she knows how to make a story weird enough that I need to see it through.
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
4 Stars
It’s another Wayward Children book, so honestly… at this point I’ve accepted that I will NEVER remember all these characters. There are SO many of them, and I’m constantly trying to figure out who is who.
But I really do love this series for the doors and all the completely different worlds behind them. Every time we get to explore a new one, I’m in. This one was another solid 4 stars for me, and I’ll absolutely keep reading the series because I need to see what weird world we’re getting next.
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
4 Stars
This was such a fun little creepy read! It’s middle grade, so obviously it’s not going to be super deep or anything, but I really don’t care. I LOVE the characters, I love the mystery, and the whole thing has this creepy feeling that I really enjoyed.
It’s a quick read, but it still managed to keep me interested the whole time. I’m definitely excited for book 3 because I need to know what happens next!
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
1 Star
I DNF’d this one because I just could not get into it. It was slow, hard to follow, and I didn’t like the characters or the story enough to push through it.
And honestly, this is the third Ania Ahlborn book I’ve DNF’d, so I think I’ve finally accepted that I just don’t vibe with her writing style.
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
4 Stars
I didn’t like this one quite as much as Where They Last Saw Her, which was one of my top reads last year, but I still really enjoyed it. It was a little harder for me to follow, though, and apparently that’s becoming a theme lately.
I really liked the mystery and thriller aspect, and I especially appreciate how the author highlights the ways these things specifically affect Indigenous people. I wasn’t completely sold on Cash, though. Sometimes it felt like she was trying a little too hard to be the “I don’t give a shit” cool girl. Hopefully I like her more in the second book.
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
4 Stars
I wasn’t sure what to think at first since this one takes the series away from the school and into a summer camp, but I ended up really liking the change. The creepy, isolated camp atmosphere worked so well with the mystery.
I love Stevie, I love her best friends, and I loved the mystery. I ALWAYS think I know who did it, and I am ALWAYS wrong. At this point, I kind of love that I can’t figure these books out. It keeps me guessing right until the end.
ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ» ππ»ππ» ππ»
No comments:
Post a Comment