Monday, July 29, 2024

Watch With Me: Talk To Me

   
Movie: Talk To Me
Genre: Horror
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 35 Mins
Release Date: January 21st, 2023
Director: Danny Philippou
Stars: Ari McCarthy, Hamish Phillips, Kit Erhart-Bruce

What it's about: 
When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill, until one of them goes too far and unleashes terrifying supernatural forces.

What I thought:
When I first saw the preview for this movie, I was like oof that is giving me such an icky feeling. But when we were able to watch it for free, I thought well why not, we can always turn it off.
It wasn't at all what I expected it to be, which is great. It's just ghosts. No biggie. It's definitely creepy, very creepy in fact. I had a few peepers moments. It's a quick watch and it leaves you with that perfect feeling of dread when it's over. 

Overall:


If you liked this movie then watch...


Fun facts:

Six hands were made for the movie should any of them happen to get damaged or broken. Director Danny Philippou kept one of the hands.

Except for a couple of grip rig shots, the entire second possession scene montage was shot in less than one hour.

The second highest grossing film in A24's history, as of 2023.

Debut theatrical feature film of directing brothers Danny Philippou and Michael Philippou.

Riley's possession scene was an emotionally draining one, to the point that Joe Bird would need time both before and after, away from the cast and crew, to collect himself. It was also physically draining, for obvious reasons.

The beat with Daniel sloppy kissing the dog was done using a puppet head (for the dog) and then comped it together with a shot of the dog licking a snack.

1 comment:

  1. "When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an embalmed hand..." you lost me there. Why would they want to conjure spirits? Yikes. I'm glad it turned out to be better than its premise. That's always a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...