Monday, July 15, 2024

Watch With Me: Leave the World Behind

   
Movie: Leave the World Behind
Genre: Drama
Rating: R
Length: 2 Hours 18 Minutes
Release Date: October 25th, 2023
Director: Sam Esmail
Stars: Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke
What it's about: 
A family's getaway to a luxurious rental home takes an ominous turn when a cyberattack knocks out their devices, and two strangers appear at their door.

What I thought:
I was super disappointed by this movie, when I saw the previews for it I was really excited but it just fell flat. I felt confused and bored almost the entire movie. And the ending was so dumb. When it ended both me and John sat there staring like really? That's it?
I love Julia Roberts and the acting wasn't bad, but the movie was just meh and I won't ever watch it again.

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
Kevin Bacon's character is a very detailed prepper. He has a willow tree growing in his yard. Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA / aspirin) is synthesized from willow bark.

The wall art in the master bedroom changes each time the mood intensifies, according to the artist Adam Hall.

Rose, the daughter, is upset throughout the movie because she is unable to watch the last episode of Friends, entitled The Last One (2004); Part V of the movie is called "The Last One."

1 comment:

  1. I won't bother, then. It doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd like, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...