Friday, May 6, 2022

Watch With Me; 52 Week Movie Challenge Week 2 and 3: The Terminator and Pulp Fiction




Movie: The Terminator
Genre: Action Sci-fi
Length: 1 Hr 47 M
Rating: R for sex and nudity, violence and gore, profanity, and frightening and intense scenes
Release Date: October 26th, 1984
Director: James Cameron
Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and Michael Biehn
Producer: Pacific Western
What it's about:
A human soldier is sent from 2029 to 1984 to stop an almost indestructible cyborg killing machine, sent from the same year, which has been programmed to execute a young woman whose unborn son is the key to humanity's future salvation.

Prompt Fulfilled:
A movie "classic"

What I thought:
Everyone always makes references to this movie and I can't believe I haven't seen it before. It was a little boring at times, and I'm honestly not huge on action movies. But I liked this one well enough. I'll probably try to finish the movies and the TV series. 
We had originally started this with Finn before we realized it was rated R. First scene is straight up Arnold Schwarzenegger's butt. And dingaling. So there's that. 

Overall:
Overall it was a pretty good action packed movie.

If you liked this movie then watch...


Fun facts:
One afternoon during a break in filming, Arnold Schwarzenegger went into a restaurant in downtown L.A. to get some lunch and realized all too late that he was still in Terminator makeup - with a missing eye, exposed jawbone and burned flesh.

(at around 59 mins) Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line, "I'll be back," was originally scripted as "I'll come back."

Arnold Schwarzenegger had his eyebrows insured at Lloyds of London as he feared that they might not grow back properly after he shaved them for the scene where he runs over a car on fire in the alley after the Tech Noir shootout.

Prior to filming, Arnold Schwarzenegger spent weeks learning to reassemble, dismantle, reload and fire every weapon used in the film without looking at the weapon. The result was a more robotic feel towards the weapons handling which added to the eerieness of his performance.



Movie: Pulp Fiction
Genre: Crime drama
Rating: R for strong graphic violence and drug use, pervasive strong language and some sexuality
Release Date: September 23rd, 1994
Director: Quentin Tarantino 
Stars: John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson
Producer: A Band Apart Jersey Films
What it's about: The lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster and his wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

Prompt fulfilled:
Low budget, big box office.

What I thought:
I hated this movie. So much. I couldn't even finish it. I thought it was super boring and kind of stupid. Not at all my type of movie. 

Overall:
I'm still counting this even if I didn't finish it. It was painful and I never want to watch it again. Ever.

If you liked this movie then watch...


Fun facts:
The word "fuck" is used two hundred sixty-five times.

Jules flipping the table over in the beginning was improvised by Samuel L. Jackson, and Frank Whaley's reaction was genuine, but they continued with the scene, and that particular shot was done in one take.

This was one of the first movies to use the Internet for advertising.

Marsellus and Mia never speak to one another on-screen, even though they are seen together poolside, and are husband and wife.

The T-shirt that Jimmie gives to Vincent after they get hosed down bears the logo for the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs. This is not a joke. The banana slug is the official mascot of UCSC.

1 comment:

  1. I have never watched Terminator either, and probably never will. I did watch Pulp Fiction once, and had a similar reaction that you did.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...