Friday, November 4, 2022

Tag, You're It! Movie Tag

                  

 The Movie Tag found from Karli Ray

1). How often do you watch a movie? 
Usually at least once a day. If I'm really into whatever I'm reading then I'll skip the movie and read a bunch. But I do try to watch at least one a day.

2). What movie genre are you particularly fond of? 
I love horror more than anything. Thrillers, psychological thrillers, slashers, etc. I like some romance/chick flicks, some dramas, sci-fi and fantasy.
I don't care much for action, but I do like some. 


3). What was the last movie you watched that you liked? 
I'm watching Ghostbusters as I type this up, and I know I like this one. I watched Never Been Kissed and Tropic Thunder in the last 24 hour and of course like those. 


4). What was the last movie you watched and hated? 
There's not many movies I can say I actually hate, but I did watch Dash Cam over the weekend and my God it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my whole life. I did hate that one.


5). What is your favorite movie of all time?
This is such a hard question because I like a lot of different movies and there's a lot that I watch over and over. I guess if I had to pick one I'd say Titanic. 


6). Your fave guilty pleasure movie? 
Basically any of my B list horrors. There's not many people who like them and I watch them when I want to watch a movie that doesn't take much brain power. 

7). What movie have you watched a million times already?
Ha. Titanic, the original and remake of Pet Sematary, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Anna and the Apocalypse, Encanto... I can keep going.  

8). Are you the type who watches a movie on its first day of showing? 
It really depends on the movie. We either try going to the "midnight" release, which is usually at 7 PM the day before release day, or we wait a few weeks to go. We saw Scream, the new Jurassic World, and Beast the day before they were actually released. And then we saw Black Phone the day it was released.
I used to love going to actual midnight showings when I was younger, but with technology there just isn't midnight releases anymore. 

So I guess the too long didn't read answer is, I love going to day of showings. 

9). Do you use Fandango or prebook movie tickets?
I don't really know what this means by prebook? We buy tickets on Fandango before we get to the theater. I can't tell you the last time we bought tickets at the theater. 

10). Movie theater, Blu-Ray, or Download?
We usually stream stuff. We have a ton of streaming services and quite of few of them we get to watch movies when they come out into theaters. 
I'm going to say I love streaming, theater, and blu-ray/dvd equally. It all depends on the movie and my mood. Sometimes I want to be lazy and not leave the house. But there is something so magical about seeing movies in the theater. Plus we don't have to wait as long to see them.
 

11). How often do you go to the movie theater to watch a movie? 
Before Covid we went every few weeks. Since Covid we've seen... 4? I think. It's super expensive now too. 


12). What are the movies that make you cry? 
Oh gosh. I cry over everything I swear. I didn't use to before I had Finn, but now everything makes me cry. Titanic, I cry every time. Anything with losing babies/kids or animals just breaks me. 


13). Do you watch foreign films? 
Yeah, some! I'm super ADD and I like to blog or play games on my phone while I watch movies and so trying to read subtitles is difficult when doing other stuff. 

14). What are your favorite foreign films? 
Train to Busan is probably my favorite. 


15). Who are your favorite directors? 
Wes Craven, Tim Burton, Guillermo Del Toro, Eli Roth... 

16). Are you particular with movie scores/soundtracks/music? 
Nope!

17). What movie soundtracks can be found on your playlist? 
Mostly Disney music and a lot of musicals. I don't do music without lyrics. 

18). Have you ever watched a movie alone in the theater?
I don't do much alone. And watching movies in theaters is one of the things I don't do alone.  

19). Is there any movie that’s changed your perspective on life? 
Hmm, I don't think so. 

20). Your favorite comic book movie? 
I don't care much for comic book movies. I guess I do like Kick Ass and Deadpool.

21). DC or Marvel movies?
I'm also not big on superhero movies. I like a bit from both I guess. I like Batman, Joker, and Harley. I like Deadpool, Spiderman, and Ironman. So it just depends.

22). What movies in IMDb’s Top 10 list have you watched? 
I couldn't find IMDb's Top 10 list, but I did find the top 250 list! So I'm going to count which ones I've watched off that.

All of the Dark Knight series
All of the LoTR
Pulp Fiction
Forrest Gump
Inception
All the Star Wars
Se7en
Silence of the Lambs
Back to the Future
Spirited Away
Psycho
The Lion King
All the Indiana Jones
Wall-E
The Shining
Coco
Toy Story
Princess Mononoke
Up
Pans Labyrinth
The Sixth Sense
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Shutter Island
Jurassic Park
Finding Nemo
Inside Out
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Gone Girl
Room
How to Train Your Dragon
Monsters, Inc
Jaws
The Terminator
Ratatouille
Into the Wild
The Wizard of Oz
The Exorcist
The Incredibles
Curse of the Black Pearl
The Help
Aladdin
The Iron Giant.

So roughly 53 of them. 

23). Do you read movie critic reviews before watching a film? 
Nope! I don't think I've ever read one.

24). What’s the best movie adapted from a book?
Hunger Games and Pet Sematary are two of my favorites that I've read and watched. 

25). Do you watch a movie before reading the book or vice versa? 
I try to read before watching, but I've kind of learned that it ruins the movie that way, because then the whole movie I'm overthinking what they've done wrong or different. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tag. My husband loves the B horror movies too, but I don't watch them. Never Been Kissed is such a cute movie. And Titanic is such a classic.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...