Saturday, August 12, 2023

Watch With Me: Knock at the Cabin

 

Movie: Knock at the Cabin
Genre:  Horror Mystery Thriller
Rating: R
Release Date: February 3rd, 2023
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Stars: Dave Bautista, Jonathan Groff, Ben Aldridge
What it's about:
While vacationing, a girl and her parents are taken hostage by armed strangers who demand that the family make a choice to avert the apocalypse.

What I thought:
I tried to read the book a few years ago and I just really couldn't get into it. So I went into this moving with low hopes.
With that being said, I actually really enjoyed the movie and I'm wondering if I should try to go back and read the book or not. 
I had no idea what was going to happen the entire movie or what was real or what to believe. That makes for a perfect movie in my opinion. This does have quite a bit of gore which I wasn't expecting. 

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...

Fun facts:
At the premiere, in some cinemas, at the entrance, the spectators were asked to give up something they cared for the entire duration of the film, in exchange for a gift at the end. If you chose yes, then your smartphone was bagged and sealed. By handing over the still sealed envelope at the exit, you received a nice prize. The initiative read "MAKE YOUR CHOICE. You would give up one of the things you care about most for the duration of the film. Prove it, your sacrifice could be rewarded"

Based on the 2018 novel 'The Cabin at the End of the World' by Paul Tremblay.

Director M. Night Shyamalan has a cameo in an air fryer infomercial that briefly appears on the TV before the first news report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...