Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Schoolin' With My Homies: August 21st-25th

 
My adventures in homeschooling my kiddos.

Almost done with August already! It really flew by. I should've started this feature when I started his 5th grade year in July, but I didn't think about it. Oh well. Finn has been doing really well in school and is finishing most of his school before noon.

Math:
We're finishing working through our 4th grade math book that we never finished. This week he's working on adding larger numbers, multiplication practice, and more than/less than. 
This is the school book he's currently working through:

Science:
We'll be working through anatomy the next few weeks, we're trying to take one-three days on each part of the body (Heart, bones, sense, etc). This week he's reading about the 5 senses (Nose, eyes, tongue, etc), cardiovascular system, blood, heart, veins, and bones. 
These are the books he's reading part of each day:
History:
Pocahontas. I know I'm really out of order with my timeline and it'll be better now that I have my US history encyclopedia.

Worksheets:

Geography:
South America
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado.

Worksheets:


English Language Arts:
Onomatopoeia


Worksheets:

Literature/Reading:
Where is the Bermuda Triangle and Storm Runners. The Writer Who Changed America, Bottlenose Dolphins, Butterflies and Caterpillars, The Water Cycle, Four Seasons on a Farm

Worksheets:

Handwriting:
3, 8, 2, 7

"Fun":
Mushrooms

Worksheets:

Next week we will be focusing on early US history, 1000 to 1607, Africa, alliteration, muscle, skin, and brain. Stan Lee, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia. So make sure to check back for those!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...