Monday, August 21, 2023

Schoolin' With My Homies: An Introduction

 
My adventures in homeschooling my kiddos.


Hey, y'all! I don't know how much traction these posts will get, but homeschooling is a major part of our lives so I thought why not? 

I'll post weekly with what we're learning, books we'll be reading, projects we might be doing. I'll link to worksheets, make lists of books I suggest, and even post resources.

Pretty cool huh? Even if this helps one person, then I'm pretty happy about it! 

Here's some info about our school year...
Who: Finnlan, aged 10, 5th grade.
Juniper, aged 4 months, pre-pre-preschool.
When: We usually start mid July and end about mid to end of May. We take quite a few breaks around the school year, and you know one of the best parts about homeschooling? You can take a day off if you just decide, you know what? I don't wanna do school today.
Where: I'm in Texas, here we have pretty lax homeschool rules, so make sure you check up on the rules of your state!
What: We do science, math, geography, history, ELA, literature, and a "fun" subject every week. 
Right now we're working through US history, multiplication, anatomy/human body, parts of speech, the 50 states, and countries. 

Some of my favorite websites to get worksheets:
Super Teacher Worksheets

I'll be posting this week's school probably tomorrow! I'll talk about what we're learning each week, books we're reading, and link to worksheets we'll be using as well.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...