Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday: These Make Me Happy

 
Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

Oh man, there is SO MANY books that just when I think of them I feel so happy. These are 10 books that I grew up reading that just make me feel nostalgic. 
The Shadow Children series is the series that got me into reading, Goosebumps (Specifically Say Cheese and Die and Monster Blood), Fear Street (Specifically Hide and Shriek) are all books I read as a child that shaped me into the reader I am now. 


Brothers, Boyfriends, and Other Criminal Minds is the first book I remember reading at book club. Beauty, Twilight, The Named, and Uglies are all books I read as a teenager with friends. 



And Harry Potter, specifically Deathly Hallows, was such a pivotal book in my teenage years, I remember going to the midnight release of it at Hastings (Man I miss Hastings.. Those were the days)

12 comments:

  1. Oh nice picks! Ironically I never read the Goosebumps books. I guess the covers creeped me out too much. It's weird as I even liked watching Are You Afraid of the Dark as a kid. I guess I thought these might be too scary for me back then? Guess I'll never know what young me was thinking. But OOOMG!! The Named was definitely another favorite of mine! I still need to go back and read the fourth installment from so many years ago now and the new book she wrote a few years after that! I am so behind!

    Here's my TTT

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great selection of books and I can definitely see how books with that kind of nostalgia make you happy to think of them. Harry Potter and Twilight would be two of mine too. The latter is one of two series that sparked my vampire obsession and I'll forever be greatful to it for that. Going to the midnight release for Deathly Hallows must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have covered this subject really well. What I liked most is that the article does not simply provide information but also gives the reader a better understanding of why the topic matters. The explanations feel practical and thoughtful. This is definitely the kind of content that is worth saving and coming back to later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Goosebumps and Fear Street when I was a kid. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going to a midnight release for Deathly Hollows, and then staying up way too late reading it after I got home. Some scenes made me so emotional, but that may have something to do with the fact I was pregnant at the time.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-memories-book-tag-2026-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uglies sounds interesting.

    Here is our

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Goosebumps books when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I could have totally added The Goosebumps books to my list as well! I have Twilight and Harry Potter though lol. So iconic! Awesome list :)

    My Post:
    https://thegentlechapter.blog/2026/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-happy-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twilight was the spark for me creating my blog!

    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had forgotten about Goosebumps and Fear Street!! I also enjoyed Twilight. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices, Ash. My son loved the Goosebumps series. One of my girls is a big Harry Potter fan as well. Thanks for sharing.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...