Friday, October 2, 2026

Watch With Me: The Whisper Man, Cleaner, Barbarian, Y2K, F Marry Kill

    
Generally with my Watch With Me's I highlight one movie at a time.. HOWEVER, I have been watching A LOT of movies lately and will continue to do so. So I think I will have to do quite a few of these at a time. 




Movie: The Whisper Man
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Crime
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 51 Mins
Release Date: August 28th, 2026
Director: James Ashcroft
Stars: Robert De Niro, Adam Scott, Michelle Monaghan

What it's about: 
A grieving father and his young son relocate to the quiet town of Garretton, which was terrorized by a serial killer known as The Whisper Man 15 years earlier, while rumors circulate that Whisper Man worked with an accomplice.

What I thought:
This is a book that I kept putting off to read, and I still haven't read it yet. I know me and I think I would have found the book to be too slow. However, the movie is great. It was pretty predictable for the most part, it's a typical crime thriller, but it was good. I had a few moments of anxiety and I definitely had other feelings.
But overall I really enjoyed it, and I would watch it again.

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...



🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️



Movie: Cleaner
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Crime
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 28 Mins
Release Date: May 27th, 2008
Director: Renny Harlin
Stars: Ed Harris, Samuel L. Jackson, Eva Mendes

What it's about: 
A former cop who now earns a wage as a crime scene cleaner unknowingly participates in a cover-up at his latest job.

What I thought:
I didn't even know this movie existed until I was scrolling on Netflix and saw it. I thought it sounded interesting. And it was! It was also very predictable, I had it figured out way before it was revealed. And it had me kind of frustrated. But all in all I enjoyed it, it was entertaining. Is it one I'd watch again? Probably not. 

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...



🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️



Movie: Barbarian
Genre: Horror 
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 42 Mins
Release Date: September 9th, 2022
Director: Zach Cregger
Stars: Georgina Campbell, Bill Skarsgard, Justin Long

What it's about: 
A woman staying at an Airbnb discovers that the house she has rented is not what it seems.

What I thought:
This is my second time watching this movie, and boy is it a weird one. I said I would never watch it again after the first time, yet here I watched it again. 
The whole movie was a whole bunch of WTF moments that you had no idea what was going to happen next.
And it has Justin Long in it. If you know.. You know..

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...


🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️



Movie: Y2K
Genre: Sci-fi Horror 
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 31 Mins
Release Date: March 9th, 2024
Director: Kyle Mooney
Stars: Jaeden Martell, Rachel Ziegler, Julian Dennison

What it's about: 
Two high-school nobodies make the decision to crash a Y2K party. The night becomes even crazier than they could have ever dreamed when the clock strikes midnight.

What I thought:
I LOVE this movie, it's funny, it's nostalgic, it's campy. I get the Thong Song stuck in my head every time we watch it. I don't have much more to say except if you like anything Y2K, you should watch it. Even if you don't like Rachel Ziegler (I do not)

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...


🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️🥤📼 🍿 🎥 🎬🎞️



Movie: F Marry Kill
Genre: Comedy thriller
Rating: R
Length: 1 Hr 37 Mins
Release Date: March 7th, 2025
Director: Laura Murphy
Stars: Lucy Hale, Virginia Gardner, Brooke Nevin

What it's about: 
As a serial killer targets women on dating apps, a true-crime junkie must figure out which of her three dates is a f-boy, marriage material, or is trying to kill her.

What I thought:
I quite liked this movie, it was funny and kind of ridiculous and slightly annoying. But it adds to the charm. I had no idea what was going to happen, or the whodunnit of it. 

Overall:

If you liked this movie then watch...


1 comment:

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...