Monday, January 3, 2022

2022 Goals + January TBR


I have several goals for 2022. I feel like that's how it is every year, have goals, don't meet them, give up halfway through the year, and then try again at the start of the new year. But not this time. I am bound and determined this year. I won't bore y'all with the "new year new me" BS or the "this will be my year" BS. I'm just going to do it and keep y'all updated.

So here are my biggest goals!

Lose 100 pounds. I know it seems like a lot, but there will be even more to lose, that's just my goal.

Be able to run... I don't know if I necessarily have a goal of how much I want to be able to run, but as of now I can barely walk without feeling like death.. So yes to be able to run at all.

I want to work out at least 5 days a week for 1 hour each day. Plus a one mile walk twice a day. 

Adopt! We want to adopt by the end of the year. We are really hoping to adopt siblings. A little boy Finn's age and then a boy or girl younger would be a blessing. But really we're happy with wherever God leads us at this point. 

Get ready to move out to my grandparents property. If we can move out there in 2022 will depend on so much, and this isn't a complete goal. I'm okay with beginning to mid of 2023 as well, but it would be awesome to be able to move out there this year.

Read 200 books.  I want to try to read outside of my regular genres, but you know, you have favorite genres for a reason. That's just what you like, so we'll see about that. But yes 200 books, I have at least 4 challenges I'm trying to finish. 

Finish at least one movie series and one TV series a month. At least. 

Keep things cleaned and organized. This is something I definitely struggle with. Between being tired, my ADD, being busy with being a teacher, trying to finish movies and books, keeping up with orders, and well.. everything else I have going on, this is hard. But, I know I can do it. Now hopefully I can get help from the others who live with me. 

Drink water or unsweetened tea 90% of the time. I want to cut out sodas completely and energy drinks. But energy drinks are hard. I get headaches if I don't have caffeine and I don't like coffee. But I'm wanting to cut as much out as I can. My goal is 120 ounces of water a day. 

Aaaand the last goal, I also don't know if I'll hit this one, because I have a lot of other things to focus on, especially money wise. But I'd love to go on a backpacking trip out of state. An adult only, week long trip. Maybe to New Mexico? I have to start with hour long hikes and then day trips and work up to backpacking. But I really really want to. 

Let's start with books now! Here are the challenges I want to finish.

A to Z reading challenge (This is 2021 but I'm sure they'll update for 2022) 

So that's it so far. I love reading challenges so I might end up adding more! 

Here is my TBR for January. I'm starting off with quite a few on the list. I'm hoping to get 3/4 done.




4 comments:

  1. You've got some ambitious but WONDERFUl goals! I hope you get ti adopt and good luck on your weight loss journey! I wish I could run but my asthma puts a damper on that.

    I really liked the Bloody Mary duology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals, and very ambitious! Good luck. I loved Shutter, by the way:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all these goals. I'm rooting for you! You know, black tea has a good amount of caffeine, if you plan on drinking it anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals. I listen to audio books (like Jen Turano which are hilarious!) when I walk and it helps me to keep going because I get sucked up in the story!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...