Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Something I can't Live Without and Why



This week's WWBC question is something I can't live without and why?

I could be super annoying and say stuff like water, food, air.. But I won't.

Most things I think I could live without, even if I didn't really want to. Books, video games, my phone, movies, snacks, etc. I wouldn't like it, but I could live without them if I had to.

However the one thing (Or things) I couldn't live without is my kids. Even my husband I COULD live without if I had to. But I don't think I could survive without my kids.
The thought of something happening to them makes me sick to my stomach and I have nightmares about it.
It doesn't help that Finn is epileptic and I have already lost two babies. So I have constant fear of loss and death. It gives me so much anxiety and it honestly is a really hard way to live.
But I make it, even when it's hard.

What about you? What's something you couldn't live with out? And why?



12 comments:

  1. Yes, the fear of the death of a child is real! Mine are healthy, but still. I am thankful for every moment with them! I wouldn't want to imagine living without them or my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I concur. I lost my son years ago so I understand your pain. It's not easy. I would be lost without my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry for your losses. This is a great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, yeah that would give me anxiety as well. I don't have kids or pets, so I'm not sure what I couldn't give up. My family is one thing I've been struggling with leaving behind (I live across the country now) but we chat daily so I think I'd be lost without them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, but would life be as rich without books, movie, nature, pets? So even though my kid, my husband, my family are definitely the bare bones that I would need to live, I'm not sure I could do without other things. I could live without traffic, bills, crowded stores, bad health...and losing babies is really hard so I understand exactly where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the family and pets are a given. I would be crushed to the core if something should happen to Rick, the kids, the grands and Lizzie. But as Erika said, life wouldn't be as rich without books, and for me, paints and travel -- even if it is relatively regional, just being able to get away from home to somewhere else, even if just for a day or two. I'm so sorry you have lost babies in the past and have worries about Finn. That has to be so difficult, I cannot even imagine. Or perhaps only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ash, thanks for stopping at my blog. I understand your thoughts although I've never lost a child. But I have a daughter who has Type 1 diabetes and also has had some seizures. So the anxiety is real! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry your losses are bleeding into your present at times and making you anxious. I hope Finn can get better in time - you never know what miracles modern medicine can perform.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a parent myself but I can imagine. I've heard and seen enough to understand that the bond created by these little creatures is immensely strong. It's changed some parents' entire philosophy on life. They're little miracles, as well as a source of constant worry 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd live, but you'd never be the same person, without any of them. I think everyone else stuck to "things, not people": because this answer is universal.

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...