.png)
Finn's Noms is a weekly feature where Finn picks recipes out of the (many) cookbooks we have, and then cooks them for us!
What book: The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
What recipe: Molly's Meatballs with onion sauce, glazed carrots, and fluffy potatoes
Did we change anything: Nope!
Why we chose that recipe: It looked fun to make
Thoughts:
I liked it, I think it would go really well in a pasta.
Would we change anything
More onion sauce I think- Ash
Adding it to a pasta- Finn
Would we cook it again.
Yeah!
4/5 Yums
I don't like meatballs, ever. So I was really nervous about this recipe, when Finn cooks I always worry I won't like it, even though Finn says that he knows not everyone will like everything, I don't want to hurt his feelings.
Anyway! I loved these. Finally found meatballs I will eat, the onion sauce was so good, the boys thought it wasn't thick enough, and I think we definitely should've added more.
The glazed carrots were.. Oh my god, so good. John didn't like them, but I loved how sweet they were. Only thing I didn't like is that it was a little too candied on parts and it made it a bit hard to eat.
But damn it was good!
Next week we will be making broccoli and cheese stromboli with roasted garlic green beans.





It was the idea of onion sauce on the meatballs that intrigued me too! When I was a kid a million years ago, one of my aunties made glazed carrots once for a fancy meal when entertaining. Having a sweet tooth, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!
ReplyDelete