Thursday, June 27, 2024

Mid Year Freak Out 2024


Best book you've read so far in 2024?
How can I pick just one!? Here is my top 5 



Best sequel you've read so far in 2024?
Both of these series I read the first one of last year (Same day I think!) and I read the second and third this year and love them all.


New release you haven't read yet, but want to?
These are some that I'm surprised/disappointed I haven't gotten to yet this year, hopefully I can before the end of the year.



Most anticipated release for the second half of 2024?
I just posted this in my top ten tuesday, but just in case you didn't see it, here are 10 books I cannot wait to read this year.


Biggest disappointment?
I have quite a few... These two are two of my favorite authors and the books just fell flat, I've had a couple 5 star reads, but mostly 4 star reads from both of them, however these books just meh. I was super disappointed. I did rate them a 3, so not terrible. Just not how they usually are.


And these ones I gave super low ratings to and really thought I'd like them.



Biggest surprise?
Both of these authors are super hit or miss with me, but I absolutely loved both and ended up giving them 5 stars.



These ones I was surprised because I don't usually like romance, but I also gave them 5 stars.


New favorite author?
That's hard, because I've read a lot of really great new authors..
Ali Hazelwood, Mary Kubica, Jenny Lawson, I've read a ton of Vincent Ralph and Mindy McGinnis this year, I've always liked them but it seems like this is the year I've LOVED them..


Newest fictional crush?
Gonna go with Adam from The Love Hypothesis. I also have a major crush on Adam Driver (Who the character is based off of) so reading that and picturing him? Oomph. 


Newest favorite character?
I absolutely loved Florence Day from The Dead Romantics, Charlie and Nick from Heartstopper, and Wren and Theo from The Prince and the Apocalypse. 


Book that made you cry?
I know that there's at least one book that made me cry, but scrolling through my reads of the year I cannot for the life of me remember which ones.


Book that made you happy?
These romances all made me stupid happy, I used to detest romance, what is happening!?


And of course the Cozy Corgi series always makes me smile.



Most beautiful book you've bought/received this year?



What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I have a whole list! This is my 2024 TBR and I'm hoping to finish it all this year (Doubtful, but maybe)


1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice ones! I still need to read My Roommate is a Vampire, Murder Road, The House That Horror Built, Cursed Cruise, and The Haunting. Preston is usually hit or miss for me too so I'm glad to hear this one was a hit!

    Glad to see the year is off to a great start! I'm hoping to work on this post tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...