Friday, June 23, 2023

Life Updates


You guys! So so so much has happened since I last blogged in January. And even more since I posted a life update in November.
I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll just start in December.

In December Finn had two random seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy after being hospitalized after the second seizure. He has not had another seizure in almost 6 months. All of his EEG's are coming up with no abnormalities and life is finally getting back to normal regarding that. It was incredibly scary though, the scariest thing I've ever been through to be honest.


In January nothing really crazy happened, I got a hair cut and my cousin was staying with us. More on that here in a bit. Me and John went to his companies holiday party. It was nice being able to have a night out just us. The new Library opened too and we have really been taking advantage of it with our homeschooling. It's massive, three stories, and has so many books and a really nice outdoor area for the kids to play. Finn went to the USS Lexington to stay the night with his Cubscout troup. We went to one of my nephew's birthday parties too. 


In February we froze, again. But nothing as crazy as the snowpocalypse of a few years ago.  I also got really into playing Disney Dreamlight Valley and binged playing that almost every day for quite a while. Other than that February was chill.


In March I turned thir.. thir... thirty. Ugh. I hate saying it. I don't feel 30. We went to the piano bar for my birthday and that was a lot of fun. In March I took pictures of Finn in the bluebonnets, which I'll do a separate post for. In March John and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary and saw the new Scream. John and Finn also got baptized.


In April we went and visited my grandparents on their farm and I got some really great pictures. Which again, I'll do another post because photography is kind of part of my blogging. Then in April obviously it was Easter and we had a great Easter egg hunt, went to church, and had some yummy food. We also did a 72 hour in home EEG which was... not so fun. And Finn went to his first ever book club. We also had something big to get ready for in May.


Ready!?

May 1st we had a beautiful baby girl. Well, my cousin did. That's why she had been staying with us. We are adopting her baby. Her name is Juniper Hensley Grace (Hensley after Henry and Grace after Greyson, the two babies we lost) and she is perfect in every way. She had a very dramatic entrance and had to stay in the NICU for a few days. But other than that she's a very healthy, sassy, perfect baby. 
We are waiting on the paperwork to be sent through and to have our homestudy and then she'll legally be ours. But she's been ours since we found out about her. 


It's June now and Finn is with his dad for a month, he'll be home July 2nd. We had to have a lump checked out on Juniper, but it turns out that it's what the doctor thinks is a hair cyst. She might have to have surgery to remove it but it'll be a few months before that happens. 

Other than that we are just trying to get used to having a newborn, keep the house clean and organized, and trying to keep our sanity. 

This is just a life update, so at the beginning of July I will be posting my June recap and my July plans and reads. 

I'll probably do a post just for Juniper too.. I have so many pictures of her, y'all don't even know. 


8 comments:

  1. A lot has happened in all these months. I hope your son is doing well, and good luck with the new born - she's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby. She is beautiful. Praying Finn never has another seizure. I can't imagine how scary that would be to go thru. I have known of others who had seizures as a child and outgrew it. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much has happened and you've been so busy. Congrats on the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so much has been happening. Congrats on the new baby. She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say a health scare, holidays, life events, and a baby are something to keep your life busy. Congrats on baby Juniper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, congratulations on a new baby!! So exciting! You have had a lot going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new baby! That's so exciting! Glad to hear Finn is doing well now too! He's growing so fast since I last saw you guys at that one Origin Event. Really wished that would've taken off better than it did! It's so hard to get into Apollycon these days! A second mini event would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy! Congratulations on the new baby, she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge Intro

I Scream, You Scream Horror Movie Challenge is a feature where every month I am challenging myself to watch every movie on one bingo card. T...